“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” - Coco Chanel

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011: A look back at style and fashion

What I loved about 2011 in style and fashion were the mashup of patterns and strips to the comeback of the crossover bag and the arrival of the decal print on our nails as the most fashionable accessory.
Looks I wish I could pull off but my boyfriend hates were the high waisted flare jeans and shorts.
Personally what I did not love were the flatforms; part platform, part wedge, part....ummm really? No thanks. But then again, who knows, maybe if I try it I'll love it. I'll give any trend a chance and I have seen people work it to their advantage.
High Low Dresses to die for.
High buns for casual and formal wear were so versatile.
This year was the year for navajo prints, Kimonos, Leopard print anything, high buns, turbans, and Sally Hansen Salon Effects for me. According to my brother I was the new Mrs Roper and to my boyfriend the 21st century Punky Brewster...well I'll take it because I'd rather have any style then nothing at all. Who wants to live in black and white anyways when there are so many colors and patterns out there to explore. “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” So 2012, bring it on! I can't wait to see how my style evolves. Maybe I'll stay Punky Roper, or maybe I won't...

No comments:

Post a Comment