“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” - Coco Chanel

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars Best Dressed

Overall, not many bright colors on the red carpet last night. Seems like the muted colors won out. White was definitely a color favorite. For me a bright coral dress made my number one.

1. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton. It came off as red on camera bur Michelle referred to it more as a coral. She looked absolutely breath taking and the color just pops on her skin tone. Gorg.


2. Rooney Mara in a white Givenchy. I have to say I love the structure of this dress. I think it works so well on her. I loved Cate Blanchett last year at the Oscars in her lavender Givenchy even though many beg to differ, but to me Givenchy is art.


3. Gwyneth Paltrow in A stunning white Tom Ford dress and cape. How can you not love the cape? She looked absolutely stunning and classic in this and the cape just gave it that extra flare.


4. Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli couture gown in bright cerise. For her first Oscars I must say well done! She looked beautiful and yes he bow may be a nod to Nicole Kidman's 2007 gown, both dresses are by no means identical. The cut and shades are very different, if anything the bow was what it had in common. I think it was a bold choice with her red locks but bravo Emma! I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment